anyway, brother sonny has been back to work now for about a month. work environment is challenging, but good. i am enjoying myself and i feel like i'm appreciated. that is nice. pay took a big hit with new job, but i am one drop in a sea of people who've experienced the same thing. lotsa good people out there struggling because of the economical situation....both trying to find decent work and dealing with the cost of living that seems to keep going up in spite of peoples' struggle...funny that.
my heart goes out to my brothers and sisters and i pray for myself, my family, and these people who are in the same boat with me.
below are some pictures that typify what's been going on with me over the last several months....i'll explain....
1. i am now officially without a baritone uke in my arsenal. it feels strange, but the effects of unemployment linger.....i'm still a big fan of the baritone uke and would tell anyone...'get one!' they are the best of both worlds....a little bit uke and a little bit guitar!
2. my new job affords me some time to doodle and cartoon and various points....nothing heavy or too involved, but fun....i often find inspiration at the work site and i hope humor and lightheartedness is conveyed.
3. below is a picture of our dinner table....17.00 table i got from good will that was beat to crap....i originally did some sharpie marker art on it with mod-podge, but we had always spoke of re doing it into something a little more presentable....well, here it is.
4. chili-mac econo dinner....man, was it good! i've been doing a lot of cooking over the last few months and it has been great fun!!! and yummy...we've already had our first fall picnic and we've had many sit down meals that have been satisfying to everyone. the dinner table can be a holy place.
5. i have had the privilege of finding not one, but two books that have the writings of brother roger. Brother Roger was the founder of the Taize community in France. a truly unique and ecumenical brother that seemed to really have a heart for the love of God, reconciliation between Christians, and peace-work.
6. recycling: J and I have had great fun taking other icons and images and embelleshing on them (see previous posts) anyway, these last few were from a book that i was about to give away....i said to meself, 'self!, you like these pictures and you like some of these quotes, cut em' out and have some fun....so i did. :)
that's about it....oh, i've had the opportunity to do some music over the last few months and stay tuned, as the band i'm in just did some recording, so i'll try to make something available soon, i'm still settling into my new living arrangements and job, but i trust with God's help things will settle down shortly....i hope so :)
stay well my friends, todd (brother sonny)